Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hair Update

I cut my hair off. It was middle of my back and I just couldn't take it anymore. I went and worked out this morning and then came home and got in the shower and just as I was about to an entire bottle of shampoo in my hair I said - forget it! I threw on some clothes and went to Great Clips (which is really not so great) and chopped off about 6 inches. It is now shoulder length and hopefully more manageable. And I'm not going to lie - part of my reasoning was that if I went and got it cut I wouldn't have to blow it dry myself. How lame is that?

8 comments:

Julie said...

I am such a blog stalker/eager beaver comment leaver aren't I?

That is awesome. Kidd Kraddick does this bit a couple times a week that I hear on my way to the gym that is called, "Does that make me lazy?" with the theme song for the bit being a take off of that very annoying song "does that make me crazaaaaaaay?" ANYWAYS. If you call in that day and are voted to have the winner you get a gift card somewhere.

I personally think you should call in next time they do it and I think that you would win!

If I ever call in, mine is going to be that sometimes is I am on the couch and my cell phone rings and is across the room and Charles' cell phone is within grabbing distance without having to get up, I will just wait til the person leaves me a message and then use his phone to call and check my voicemail.

I think that might give your haircut to avoid blow drying a run for it's money!

Shelly said...

I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it looks GREAT!

Kelly said...

Wow, you're inspiring! :) I've been saying for 2 years now that I want a new hairstyle but can't seem to get the guts to do it.

Chesley said...

I knew something was different this morning! I didn't see the back of it but I noticed it was shorter around your face. I loved it! Your face had a glow! Your outfit was really cute too! Loved the shirt! Basically you looked adorable this morning!
I love that you got it cut to get someone to dry it.

Staci said...

LOL! I like Julie's idea ;)
You need to post a picture! We want to see the new do!

Wade said...

You crack me up, Jules!

Kendra said...

I loved your post, Tara, and I loved Julie's comment. I'm with her - you two rank up there for whatever she's talking about with whatever radio show thing or whatever! (Obviously I don't listen to a lot of talk radio?) Looking forward to seeing the new do - blow dried or not!
kendra

Rachel said...

tara, i stumbled upon your blog via julie kiser's blog a few weeks ago....and i'm proud to say i have become a frequent viewer...

i LOVE this post!!! sounds so much like something i would do...i've had to start requesting that they cut my hair too short to fit in a ponytail...

congratulations on the pregnancy also!! love and miss you!!
rachel (brainard) elder