Friday, May 25, 2007

Ton O' Stuff

1 - I wrecked my car. I was backing out of my parents driveway and hit my dad's Suburban. Obviously Suburban is Spanish for tank because there was minimal damage to his car, mine had to be towed. Dear husband was an angel and didn't freak out, he just hugged me and reminded me that we have insurance for a reason. My car has now been in the shop for 2 weeks and I won't get it back until next week. So what am I driving you may ask? A minivan! When we got to Enterprise Rental and found out the minivan was the cheapest that our insurance would cover I said fine but only if they could give me a cool minivan. Well let me tell you it rocks. Double sliding doors that open and close with the touch of a button, seats that fold into the floor, and room enough for 7. Dwight was looking at cars online and I told him if he wasn't looking at minivans to just forget it. My how things change!

2 - My birthday. Now this is WAY past due. My birthday was on the 2nd but this year was amazing, we celebrated my birthday for a whole week. It was awesome. On Monday Scout took me to lunch; on Tuesday my parents, Shelly and her 2 kids, and Aly and her baby took me to lunch; on Wednesday I had a BSF fellowship at my house then Dwight took me to Pappas Bros. for dinner; on Thursday Brittany and I spent the afternoon together; on Friday my mom and I went shopping and then met up with the ENTIRE family to go to Joe T Garcias; and on Saturday Dwight let em sleep in and he fed and changed Scout. Now I know this won't happen every year but I am a huge fan of celebrating my birthday for an entire week.

3 - One of my favorite stores is Banana Republic. Most of the people who work at the one near us know me and Scout by name, I mean I really love Banana. About a week ago I got a $25 appreciation card for a survey I had filled out and then I got a $15 off for my birthday. YES!! So yesterday Scout and I went and got 2 new tank tops and a pair of gold hoop earrings. I love tanktops in the summer.

4 - We went for another sonogram and the doctor says the baby is already measuring big, this can't be a good omen. I was able to stop taking the progesterone but I am still taking Zofran every once and a while for nausea.

5 - Scout turned 11 months old yesterday. I am working on his party - it is amazing for such a little guy there are a ton of people to invite. Every time I start working on the list I think of more people who have meant so much to us and to Scout during this first year. Maybe when he gets older we will cut down on the birthday list but for now - bigger is better!

6 - My dad played in the Coloniel Pro/Am on Wednesday. Scout and I got to watch him the last 5 holes and it was sooo much fun. A dear family friend arranged parking for me and Scout and then provided and escort to take us to the hole dad was on. I can't thank him enough - it made the day so stress free and enjoyable. Dad played good and was by far the cutest one out there!






















7 - These are 2 of my favorite pictures of Scout right now

8 comments:

Staci said...

Cute pictures!
I'm impressed that you actually gave us the "Ton O' Stuff" post the day after you promised it!

Celebrating birthdays for a week sounds like a grand idea! Maybe we should start a new trend. I think that we also need to convince our jobs to let us have the week off to celebrate ;) (I guess that means you'd get to sleep in EVERY day for the week!)

Kelly said...

Cute pictures! He looks so much more grown up (or at least grown up for a baby!) since we last ran into you guys.

I'm a BIG fan of the multi-day birthday celebration. :)

laura said...

So sorry to hear about the car... but so glad to hear that you had a great birthday! Birthdays are special times and it sounds like Scout's will be super special this year... as it should be! Oh, and Zofran is a girl's best friend! Don't let the diamond thing fool you. I was a Zofran taker for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy with Nathan because can you imagine being a Speech Pathologist in the hospital and trying to convince patients to eat the puree diet you ordered them as you gag just looking at? Without my Zofran I was not a convincing sell :)

Courtney said...

Great update! I was definitely loving the minivan the other night. I'm going to have to think hard about going through one of those before my school bus. :) Can't wait for Scout's party! It's so hard to believe he's almost one!

Wade said...

Hey T,

Although Kelly & I don't own a mini-van (and I remain adament that we never will), I can recognize that mini-vans have come a long way - the automatic doors probably being the greatest advancement. Good luck in your search.

As for multi-day birthday celebrations . . . I'm beginning to suspect that Kelly is now trying to stretch it out to month-long birthday celebrations! Which is actually fine with me - the only problem is that my birthday creativity usually lasts for only a day and a half!

Happy birthday, nonetheless!

W

Kendra said...

Happy belated birthday, Tara!! I love the week long celebrations - I try to work it that way myself. he!

Minivans are great - Donny said he'd never own one, but I don't think I'll ever go back. At least not while I'm having to pass things over seats, get kids in and out of car seats, etc!

I love the sweet pictures of little Scout man - he's SO cute. I think his grandpa (what's his grandparent name, anyway??) sure does love him . .

Unknown said...

Cute pictures of Scout! I love the one of him in the bathtub with his pacifier.

Happy late birthday! I am glad you were treated right on your birthday! : )

Finally, sorry about the wreck! I also remain adamant that I will never drive a mini-van, but maybe I will have a change of heart someday like you.

Brooks Inc. said...

Tara-

so sorry about the car...that stinks...however, after being against mini vans, making fun of my brother when they got one, etc...I drove one and loved it.

Scout is the cutest...We had big 1 year old birthdays for both our boys...they will naturally get smaller as they grow older but i think that first one is so special...You are not only celebrating Scout's life, you're celebrating your first anniversary as parents to Scout, the journey that so many have walked with you. Go for it and enjoy every second!

I am glad your birthday was great. YOu are certainly worth celebrating!

BJB