Monday, April 16, 2007

The weight is over

We went to Dr. S (the new pediatrician) and it was awesome! She totally remembered me from when I was little. She asked about my baby sister, by name, asked about my mom, by name. It was great. She listened to my concerns about Scout's weight (or lack of a weight problem) and she listened when I voiced my concerns over giving Scout butter. She was very attentive and agreed that she doesn't think that Scout has a weight issue. She offered to go pull my medical records and check his against mine to verify that he is growing at the same rate I did! I love it. She did do some blood work to check his anemia. The nurse said she would call the next day with the results. 2 of the nurses go to church with us. I felt peaceful leaving the office. We are truly blessed to have a God that answers prayers about pediatricians.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Ah - so glad it was a good experience! I was thinking about you today, so thanks for reporting in. How fun that she knows your family, too. God is good.

Courtney said...

Hooray! What a great answer to prayer! It's wonderful to have a good experience in the doctor's office.

laura said...

YEA!! I'm so glad that you had a great experience at the doctor's! What a special doctor she sounds like! And what a blessing to entrust the care of your little one's medical care to the hands of someone who is so well known to your family! Great news and thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you don't have to worry about the whole weight issue anymore! What a relief and a huge stress off of your shoulders! Glad everything worked out and Scout has been given the clean bill of health he deserved all along!