Tuesday, February 06, 2007

True Confessions

Okay here's the deal - this is me raw (one of Dwight's students said that to him one day and I have always wanted to use it, it cracks me up)
I am overweight. I need to loose a lot to get back to a healthy weight. I know some of the weight is from having a baby but I haven't been taking care of myself. I was reading in Romans today and it was talking about how we confess with our lips that Jesus is Lord. We do this because it is an outward confession, from the overflow of our hearts our lips speak. Well I have been down on myself for my weight so I am confessing that I have a weight problem. My heart has been heavy with my appearance and I want to clean out my heart. Now that it has been said I am working a way to fix the problem. I joined a fitness center, I have a meeting with a trainer on Monday, and I am down to 1 coke a day, and I am trying not to eat after 7:30. I know this is a marathon and not a sprint but I think I am on my way.
I signed up today and then I went to my first class this afternoon. I took Scout to the KiddyCare (this was a major, he has never even been to the church nursery) and then I went to a step aerobics and abs class. Afterwards I felt AMAZING. Until I meet with the trainer I am going to try out a few classes and see which one is the best fit.
So I confess all of this on my blog, in a very public forum because I am going to need some serious encouragement and accountability. I mean if you see me eating the donuts on Sunday morning feel free to give me a look. My goal is 2 pounds a week, I think that is pretty reasonable.
So today things will change.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up! Be persistent! It all takes time so as Winston Churchill said when he spoke to a group of High School Students when they wanted to know how to win at anything: He said only four words!
Nevah Nevah Give Up!

Courtney said...

Good for you! It always seems hard to set reasonable goals for ourselves but you appear to have done a great job of that! I'm always amazed at what just cutting cokes out can do and I've heard the eating before bed thing is also a huge factor. I'm cheering you on!!! Hooray for Tara!!!

Carolyn said...

Good for you, Tara. It's so important to not get down and overwhelmed, and instead think positively and make the lifestyle changes to be healthy. Sounds like you are on the right track. Even though I won't see you eating donuts on Sundays, I just wanted to send you some encouragement all the same. Also, there's a great website called sparkpeople.com that has a nutrition tracker that helps you count your calories--it's been very helpful for Matt and me. Good luck!

Jennifer K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

I'm so proud of you! Like you said...it's a marathon. Remember you didn't gain all your weight in 1 month...so you're not gonna lose it in a month! Keep on keeping on! I'm here for support :)

Kendra said...

I saw you on Sunday and thought to myself, "Tara sure looks good!" I know that how you feel about yourself is a very personal thing,though - good for you for making some "healthy life choice" goals! I could use some exercise in my daily routine myself (besides carrying big boy Brady Vaughn!). You go girl!!