okay - I had a really funny post about being materialistic but then in the midst of my typing my darling husband tells me Scout has a dirty diaper. Okay, and? So I go and get Scout whisk him to his adorable changing table that is covered with the softest blue changing pad. I lay him gently down and begin to sing to him and I unsnap his pajamas. Of course we are singing Great is Thy Faithfulness and Scout is just smiling. I get the jammies undone and the diaper pulled back to reveal a little mess, not a major. So the clean up begins, but just as I remove the diaper and get the wipe under his bottom more comes out. Its slightly humorous and I just catch and then release into the diaper genie. So we begin again and the same thing happens. This time I'm laughing and yelling for Dwight to come watch this and then...
Scout lets loose and shoots poop from his bottom. And not just shoots - it clears a smooth 4 feet and he almost makes it into the diaper genie. I am AMAZED. I scream for Dwight and he comes running. He sees me holding poop and it dripping everywhere and do you know what my sweet, dear, kind husband does? Laughs and walks back to the couch to finish the Cowboys game (which he placed on pause before getting up). And when I protest do you know what he says? "I always have to clean up after the dog." Are you kidding me? Did you really just compare the baby to the dog? Finally he walked back in and we cleaned up the disgusting mess. Now Scout is going to sleep and Dwight can finish the game. Oh the joys of boys!
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
what is it with boys and their range? that story cracks me up and reminds me of many times with nathan! one night, right before we left the states, i was up in the wee hours nursing him and decided to change his diaper before putting him back to bed... BAD decision, the explosion happened all over mommy, and then you won't believe what happened... he smiled at me for the first time. that little turkey :)
Although pee is much easier to deal with than the alternative - Tate got me for the first time last night.
I was going under the assumption that while rehabing from circumcision his range would be shortened by at least a little . . . eh, not so much!
And supposedly these are the easy diapers!
That is the most poop range I have ever heard of! Amazing! And I must say in regards to Wade's comment, the newborn diapers are the easiest. It is so hard to change diapers when they learn to roll away, as I am sure you well know. We literally have to pin Jackson to the floor with our leg over his belly to change his diapers these days otherwise his poopy bottom takes off running!
Boys crack me up that they come out of the womb thinking it's funny to spread their poop and pee in all sorts of funny places. You just don't hear quite as many stories about girls doing that, but I sure have good ones on all 3 of my boys!! Thanks for the laugh!!
Post a Comment