Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Google Me

Okay - so I was really bored yesterday (why I didn't take a nap or clean the house is another blog) so I Googled my name. There are a lot of people out there with my name! One girl is a lawyer, she seems pretty smart. Another owns a consulting company. One girl is an athlete and I think she's pretty good. And my favorite is the girl that is involved in medieval roll play. Really it is very funny. So here is my question - what happens when you Google your own name?

9 comments:

Julie said...

Here are my dopplegangers:
1. Dr. Julie Kiser is a doctor who does refugee work in Guatemala
2. Another Julie Kiser is graduating from Wayland Baptist University this year
3. One Julie Kiser owns a used school uniform store.
4. One Julie Kiser just made partner at a law firm in Illinois.

I am torn between the used uniform store and the refugee work as to who is the best alter ego!

Wendy said...

Thanks to my former job at ACU, most of the google results for my name are actually me! However, there is one mention of a Wendy Kilmer in an obit (she is the daughter of the deceased) and one Wendy Kilmer who ran a marathon (definitely not me!). Julie, did you get the word doppleganger from Alias? That's the only place I've ever seen that word.

Unknown said...

Here are my namesakes:

1. Kate Martin the artist. I couldn't find a bio on her website, but it looks like she is in to rug art.
2. Another Kate Martin is the Director for the Center for National Security Studies whose testimonies to Congress can be read online. I didn't read much out of sheer boredom, but I get the impression she is against the Patriot Act.
3. A third Kate Martin is the Associate Education Specialist at the University of Minnesota.
4. And my favorite Kate Martin was a character on All My Children affectionately known as Gran. She was the matriarch of the Martin family and could usually be found in her kitchen cooking her famous recipes or offering sensible advice to Tad, her adopted grandson (and apparently a royal screw-up). Gran has since died, but I am sure her memory lives on.

I am going to go with Gran as my ideal alter ego. I mean she was there for Tad when everyone else turned their backs. Who wouldn't want to be like that? : )

The Sexy Knitter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Sexy Knitter said...

Can I just say:

Sarah Wilson returns over six million entries. Six million! No way am I reading all of those (and probably NONE of them have anything to do with me), but I will say that in the first ten returns, there is an accomplished musician, a photographer, a dog trainer, a doctor, someone in the 17th century who supposedly had no idea she was a witch, yet confessed to being one anyway, and someone else who posed as Queen Charlotte's sister!

Well, at least one thing is clear: I am not the only Sarah Wilson with a flair for the dramatic!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara
Do the same thing to me, isn't it not crazy how many people are out there with the same name? Oh by the way, hey Julie, Hows things going? here's my e-mail address if you wanna e-mail me, i'd love to hear from you. My e-mail address is: DanaLetz@hotmail.com. Be sure to put in the subject line that its you you're e-mailing me so i'd be for sure to read it. I miss all my church friends that i've made growing up. Anyways, hope to hear from you.

Staci said...

I guess I'm the only one! All the links were about me. Cool!

Courtney said...

I didn't find a single other Courtney Critz. Just a few links that were actually me. Suddenly I feel very alone in the world. :)

Lindsay said...

I did this once and found a girl in Calgary who "likes mystical campfire stories" I couldn't make that up!