Friday, June 02, 2006

Partial Bed Rest

Well things have changed a lot since I last posted.
First, I am very pregnant, we don't have an exact due date - sometime between June 11th and July 5th. I am only 35 weeks pregnant but I am measuring 39 weeks. Now that makes me sound huge but I have extra fluid in the womb.
Second, with all of those things going on my doctor has put me on partial bed rest. Now I interpret that as I can shop, go to lunch, get pedicures - but I cannot work, clean the kitchen or vacuum any part of the house. But it actually works out really great. My baby shower is on Sunday so next week I will have plenty of time to get thank you notes written and I will also get to be very well rested when Scout (that's our son's name) finally decides to make his appearance.
Third, Wednesday was my last day at my job. They had a surprise baby shower for me and it was so sweet!! They gave us such wonderful and practical stuff that we can actually use when Scout gets here. After the shower I went to a doctor's appointment and he put me on the partial bed rest. It was kind of sad - I went and cleaned my desk out on Thursday and brought all of my stuff home. I got in my car and cried my eyes out. Leaving was a lot tougher than I thought. I work for my dad's company so there is a lot of family up there and it will be weird not to see them everyday. Plus I really like the people I work with so it was even harder. But I am really excited about staying home - especially when Scout gets here!!

So here is a baby update:
His name is Sanford "Scout" Parr Goodwin. Sanford is my mom's dad and he has always meant the world to me. He is the head of my mom's family and has always lead such a Godly life that we wanted our son to have his name because of all that he has taught us. Parr is Dwight's grandmother's maiden name and his dad's middle name. Both of these people have played very important roles in Dwight's life and we wanted to honor them by giving Scout their name. The nickname Scout is just a fun name that we liked and my cousin's little boy is named Sanford and goes by Ford.
We just finished his room. The walls are blue and the furniture is white. If you need baby furniture I highly recommend colvincustomfurniture.com He is one of Dwight's friends and our furniture is gorgeous. Scout's bedding is blue and white. It’s real simple and very baby.
According to our sonogram on Wednesday Scout is very healthy. He's about 7 pounds and everything looks really good. He is head down and ready to go.

I think that is all of the new stuff - I will be more vigilant about updating this now that I have plenty of time :)

No comments: