Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Little Help

Okay - if you could go anywhere in the contiguous 48 states where would you go? Here are the parameters:
1 weekend
no kids
no checked baggage (carry ons only)
fun stuff to do but not too kiddy
on the not so super expensive side but maybe a few splurgeable things

SO??? Where would you go?

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

New York City...never been there, but Mitch and I are going for 3 nights at Christmas.

laura said...

Anywhere in the Northeast... fall season definitely... just enough time to enjoy the cool crisp weather and relax!

laura said...

Did I mention... Ahhhh, the idea of a weekend without kids? :) Definitely one of the greatest sacrifices of mission work, no grandparents to give weekends to the parents of little ones, but thank you for the image, it's a beautiful one that will stay in my mind until we're able to one day :)

Chris and Amanda said...

I could help you with a cheaper vacation to NYC - but you are probably looking forward to the hotel part of the trip :) Seriously though our home is always open to NYC tourists!

Chris & I went to Williamsburg VA this year and it would be a perfect, quiet, fun weekend getaway. Its a economical place to visit as well.

Its quiet season in Nantucket and we are looking at rates for Christmas, but the fall is amazing up here so fall would be perfect!

Okay - if you need more info you know where to get it :)

Shelly said...

Are y'all going on a weekend getaway? If you are I'm so jealous.

Unknown said...

I would definitely vote for Boston/Nuntucket. We went there for our honeymoon and it was awesome.

There are also lots of nice cabins in the Smokey Mtns (TN) where you could relax and see lots of fall colors.

Kelly said...

This time of year??? The Northeast (Boston, DC, or NYC) or San Francisco. Fun!

Jennifer said...

NYC is great, but not very restful. If you're looking for a fun getaway where you can see new stuff, it's the place, but if you're looking for restful and pretty, go somewhere else. Michael and I just went in September and really enjoyed it, but it was the kind of vacation we were wanting at the time...and splurging on a Broadway show (highly recommend "Wicked") is TOTALLY worth it!

Chesley said...

I would like to do New York City because I have never been. It might be really expensive but maybe not if you knew how to plan it right...don't really know on that one.
San Francisco is fun. We went for a quick weekend several years ago. ACU had a game there. Lots of things to see and visit that you don't have to pay for.

Jen said...

Ummm, Atlanta to see me :)