I woke up to feed Ryder and felt a slight discomfort in my right abdomen. I finished feeding him and went back to sleep. At his next feeding around 6 am I couldn't even sit up. The "slight discomfort" had become a raging pain, I screamed for Dwight. He tried to help me but I was in to much pain to even feed Ryder. It was horrific! I hadn't been in this much pain - ever! Dwight went and got my parents, they took the kids and we headed off to the ER. We get checked in, get some morphine, and we wait. The doctor comes in and lists everything it could be: appendicitis, gallbladder, something to do with my incision, or my spleen. Another round of morphine and a nasty drink for the CT Scan and more waiting. We were there almost 8 hours before we got the results from the scan and the blood work. The answer to my pain: abdominal pain with unexplained origin. Are you kidding me? We can put a man in space and you can't tell me why I am having the most excruciating pain of my life? We left with some pain meds and generic antibiotics. We spent the whole day away from both boys,I was unable to nurse for 24 hours (because of the CT Scan drink) and we had no answers. It was the most frustrating day ever. Oh and we had to miss 2 Christmas parties that we were really looking forward to. Total bummer!
Ryder and Riley Kate
Ryder and Daddy


5 comments:
I'm so sorry about your no fun experience, but my, those are some precious babies you have there!! You must have fun just staring into those 2 sets of eyes all day long! Hope you are getting better and your "abdominal pain with unexplained origin" just floats away.
Thanks for the picture update. They are so precious!
Sorry about your rough road.
That is bizarre! I hope it's gone for good. That picture of Ryder and Dwight is so sweet!
I have been wanting to hear from you, hoping things were getting better. John and I did some good fuming for you over the "unexplained origin" call. Frustrating.
Praying you are getting better and better! I need to hold that baby again!
I am so sorry! Ryder is precious and I hope things are going smoother for you all this week!
Post a Comment