Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Final Countdown

We are t-minus 12 days away from Ryder being born and I couldn't be more ready. When I was pregnant with Scout I got lots of sleep, got to keep my feet up, and since he was breech I never had to deal with any uncomfortable dropped baby positioning. Well let me just say things are mighty different this time! Someone forgot to tell Ryder that we are having a c-section so there is no reason to be head down and ready to go. And whoever forgot to tell Ryder that information also forgot to tell Scout that Mommy needs to keep her feet up and get some rest. In a weird way I am kind of looking forward to the extended stay in the hospital.
So to make up for all the uncomfortable running around I am only going to wear clothing that can be described as track suits or velour for the next 12 days. That's right folks, I am forgoing all fashion rules for the sake of comfort. I've had it. No more uncomfortable belly bands, no more shirts that ride up. The one exception will be church - I will look presentable at church other than that I am in my sweats until this kiddo gets here. So if you see me at Target I'm cool with you avoiding me, I probably would too.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Tara! I found you! I didn't realize you were so close to delivering another baby boy! Congratulations! I don't know if you know but we moved to GA. You can catch up with us at cmers.blogspot.com. I will keep checking in with you to hear the good news!
You will look great in your jogging suit!!
Jennifer Siemer

Kelly said...

Hang in there! We are so excited for you and can't wait to hear about Ryder's debut.

amerriman said...

I can't wait to meet Ryder. I promise this time, I will come by and see your baby.

Staci said...

What's wrong with jogging suits?!? I wear them to work at least a few times a week ;)

Wendy said...

I personally appreciate the fact that a fashionista such as yourself can recognize the limits of fashion -- comfort is totally the way to go when you're 8.5 months pregnant and chasing a toddler around! And knowing you, you will look cute as ever in those velour track suits!