Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

I know I am a little late posting this but we've been a little busy.
I not only had an amazing Mother's Day but an amazing weekend!
On Saturday Dwight got up early and cleaned out the garage - now I know he did this mainly for himself but it makes my life so much easier. He took all our old stuff to Goodwill, he made a peg board for my cleaning supplies, he made a peg system for the double stroller that our neighbor gave us, he organized all of my cleaning supplies, made a shelf to hold the pack and play, and he swept all the dust out. I LOVE pulling into the garage. So that was my first Mother's Day gift. Then Saturday night I had a chance to go to a party to celebrate one of the girls in our high school youth group. Dwight babysat (gift #2). It was an all about Morgan party. They served her favorite foods, we played Morgan pictionary, and laughed so hard. It was great. And when I got home my son was asleep and the house was clean (gift #3).
Sunday morning we slept in and Dwight brought me breakfast in bed (gift #4). We went to class and then to lunch with my dad - all the restaurants were full so we went to Chaps. Not my favorite but hey, its okay. Got home and took a 2 hour nap! Amazing. Then for the last of gifts from Dwight - he gave me a gift certificate to get our family portrait framed and a DVD. But not just any DVD. He made me a DVD of the past year in pictures. It starts with my favorite picture of me pregnant and goes all the way through to last weekend. I bawled my eyes out, it was the sweetest gift ever. He said he would add onto it every year so it was just going to get even better! I can't wait.
Then for the Grand Finale - we met my entire family at La Hacienda Ranch. I love when we all get together, it is hysterical. We are never all at the table at the same time but we sure do have fun. Mom and Dad got all of the Moms little bud vases with our initial on them. I totally love this because my mom used to have bud vases in our rooms at home and when we would come home from college there would always be flowers in our rooms.
So for my first "real" Mother's Day it was a huge success!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

What a great "day"! What a fantastic husband! It was fun at dinner that night. Crazy, as usual, but fun. Not sure what we'll do when we have 4 running around and 2 babies. Take-out anyone?? :) Love you---

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

The DVD is super sweet but an organized garage is priceless. I love a well-organized anything!

My family went to La Hacienda on Sunday but it was for lunch, Elijah threw his crackers all over the floor and I don't think the waitress was none too happy with that. Oh well, "the ranch" is my all time favorite place to eat!

Happy 1st Mother's Day!