Monday, September 25, 2006

Recipe

The other night I made a new recipe and it was delicious so I want to share it with everyone.
BBQ Pork Marinated in Tequila and Coriander
ok - quick note I omitted the tequila and the coriander
4 tbs olive oil
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbs of chopped jalapenos
3 tbs lime juice (feel free to add a bit more of this)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
3 pounds of boneless pork loin
1/2 tbs of salt
1 tsp salt
2 tbs molasses
3 tbs brown sugar (I put in 5 because I love brown sugar)

- combine 2 tbs olive oil, jalapenos, garlic, lime juice and tomatoes in a shallow baking dish
- put the pork loin in the marinade and let sit for 2 to 12 hours
- after marinating remove the pork and pat dry
- heat 2 tbs of olive oil until smoking - salt and pepper the pork and place fat side down in the olive oil
- sear the pork for 3 minutes on each side
- place pork in a pyrex dish and place in the oven at 400 degrees
- pour marinade in pan used for searing the pork
- bring the marinade to a boil add the molasses and brown sugar cook for 2 minutes
- baste the pork loin and continue to do so every 15 minutes until the pork is done
- pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees

you can serve it with rice or asparagus and it is amazing - plus it looks really good on a plate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is funny that it is called BBQ Pork marinated in Tequila and Coriander and you left them both out. It sounds yummy though! We have a recipe for these green bean bundles with brown sugar, and I think it calls for 2 cups. Boone puts an entire box of brown sugar in though. You would probably like Boone's version!

hejlyeah said...

This sounds great! Kate - I want your recipe!

I made a super easy pork chops recipe tonight if anyone's interested. Like, easy easy. I think I'll put it on my blog. Good idea Tara.

Anonymous said...

Tequila and pork cook together beautifully. You should try the recipe as is next time. The alcohol will cook off and the pork will be even more tender. Trust me.