Monday, September 04, 2006

Pamper me with luvs and huggies

As we approach Scout's 3rd month of life we have concluded our diaper test.
We have tried Pampers Swaddlers, Huggies Supreme, and Luvs. Pampers Swaddlers were good for the first few weeks - they provided a nice snug fit around the legs and were easy to fold over so we didn't irritate his umbilical cord. The Swaddlers are expensive and Scout could blow out "stuff" up and out of the back of them like nobody's business.
After the Swaddlers we tried Luvs. Luvs has an amazing leak guard protection - we could fill one up and Scout's clothes never got wet. I don't like the pattern on the diapers, you can see it through some of his clothes, and the diapers aren't very stretchy at the back. I've never worn them, but from my experience putting them on Scout they don't seem very comfortable.
Our last venture was Huggies. Huggies are stretchy at the back and on the legs, they are white with a very light patter so they don't show through Scout's clothes and we have yet to blow one out. I think the biggest selling point for me about Huggies is the value - they have all of the qualities that I feel are important and they are inexpensive.
So henceforth our diaper drawer, basket, and diaperbag will be filled with Huggies.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Huggies are also our first choice for our little guy! I think they are the most stretchy and come up high enough to cover anything that might shoot out. Unless said things come out while you are changing the diaper, in which case, you just put your hands in front of your face and hope for the best!