Friday, July 21, 2006

Spanxing

I have discovered the secret of eternal youth - the fountain of life if you will. No, it is not something you drink or even eat. You must wear them. Many people have already discovered the fountain and when you look closely you can tell. Gwenyth Paltrow and Oprah - both know the secret. And now I will share it with all mothers, mothers-to-be, and girls like me who just have a little extra that they want to disguise. SPANX. I know it sounds a little tawdry and naughty but they are a little gift from heaven.
You see I have a little bit left over from having such a huge child (I thought about attaching the picture of me in a bikini but you can't see the bottom of the bikini so it might be to risqué) and I want to wear all of my normal clothes again. All I do is simply slip on my SPANX and shazam my Citizen jeans fit again. The SPANX help with circulation in my legs and make my butt look killer - what's not to love? Sure some people might say they are just pantyhose with the feet cut-off, but they are more than that. They gave me back some sense of cuteness - its so great to hear someone say, "You're looking amazing!" It totally helps with the baby blues, just receiving the random compliment will completely lift your spirits.
So now everyone knows - Gwenyth is not that skinny she wears SPANX and Oprah's weight may fluctuate but she looks killer because of her SPANX. And now I Tara Goodwin will rock on in my Citizens because of SPANX.

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Hi Tara! I found your blog from Staci...

I too have spanx. I bought them to wear to a banquet not too long ago, but you just reminded me that I could be wearing them underneath some of my pants that I'm frustrated with right now!!

I think I'll wear them tonight!

P.S. Scout is adorable!

Shelly said...

Not sure if I want to be friends with you anymore since you have a 3 week old and are already back into your old jeans. Spanx or no spanx, that's amazing. I'll be thinking about it. :) Seriously, I think it's awesome. I can't imagine how great that would be. It's probably a good thing God didn't make me that way because I might have like 12 kids. :) At the rate we're moving, I might have 12 anyway. I'll DEFINITELY need the spanx. Love ya--

Julie said...

WHERE DOES ONE BUY THESE MIRACLE WORKERS???

jen said...

I wash just clicking next blog and I ended up on yours & I think it was meant to be because I have a 5 month old and I think SPANX is exactly what I need. I'm only 3 lbs. away from what I was when I got pregnant but my tummy is looking like a deflated balloon. Thanks for the info.